Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have used 1.6 GB of icloud storage with 3.4GB remaining but my device says it can no longer back up to icloud. Why not?

I have used only 1.6GB of my icloud leaving 3.4GB available in storage, but my Ipad is reporting that it can no longer backup my device. Why?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 2:04 PM

Probably because your next backup is larger than 3.4GB and will not fit in the remaining space.

You can go to Settings ➜ Account (top of settings) ➜ iCloud ➜ iCloud Backup ➜ Your iPhone name ➜ Next Backup size, and see what it's going to be, and whether or not it can fit in the 3.4GBs of space remaining in iCloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2023 2:04 PM in response to EchoRecib

Probably because your next backup is larger than 3.4GB and will not fit in the remaining space.

You can go to Settings ➜ Account (top of settings) ➜ iCloud ➜ iCloud Backup ➜ Your iPhone name ➜ Next Backup size, and see what it's going to be, and whether or not it can fit in the 3.4GBs of space remaining in iCloud.

I have used 1.6 GB of icloud storage with 3.4GB remaining but my device says it can no longer back up to icloud. Why not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.