Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bought used iPad

I bought a used iPad and the previous Owner is still logged into Apple ID. I have no way to get a hold of him, nor know anything about him..." please help this is for my 5 year old daughter

iPad, iOS 11

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 7:25 AM

Never purchase from a stranger because it could possibly be stolen and no one has the ability to override the security measures.

Apple values your privacy and has safeguards in place to ensure that no one can access the device.

You will need to reach out to the owner because it is the owner’s responsibility to properly erase the device before selling it.

Until then, it is locked. 🔐

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2023 7:25 AM in response to Mariepirl94

Never purchase from a stranger because it could possibly be stolen and no one has the ability to override the security measures.

Apple values your privacy and has safeguards in place to ensure that no one can access the device.

You will need to reach out to the owner because it is the owner’s responsibility to properly erase the device before selling it.

Until then, it is locked. 🔐

Bought used iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.