Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are these two devics compaitble?

I have a late 2012 27" iMac (iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) - Technical Specifications (UK)).

I'd like to connect an external display to it and have found the following product on sale somewhere:

Apple Thunderbolt Display 27" - A1407

Can I connect the thunderbolt display to my 2012 iMac? Would I need to do anything special to get the two devices connected/talking? I'm taking a risk on buying the display and want to make sure before I commit.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 7:54 AM

they should be but then most monitors would be compatible my mac mini is connected to an old 17" samsung using thunderbolt to VGA (subD) and a asus 27" using a hdmi to dvi, my old imac used to be connected to a dell 24" using the thunderbolt to dvi, you need not buy an expensive apple made monitor to get a screen

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2023 7:54 AM in response to Christopher Morgan

they should be but then most monitors would be compatible my mac mini is connected to an old 17" samsung using thunderbolt to VGA (subD) and a asus 27" using a hdmi to dvi, my old imac used to be connected to a dell 24" using the thunderbolt to dvi, you need not buy an expensive apple made monitor to get a screen

Are these two devics compaitble?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.