Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Notify When Left Behind" Keeps Turning Itself On

I keep being notified on my Watch when I leave my AirPods at home. I have tried using the "don't notify me for this location" setting on my phone, and it will work once, but then the next time I leave home I get notified again. I've also tried turning the function off entirely for my AirPods, and again, it works once, but then the next time I leave home I get notified, and the function is turned on again even though I turned it off. I've reset the AirPods, restarted the phone, etc., to no avail.

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 9

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 6:17 PM

Hello NRRIndy,

We recommend trying to manually add a location where you don't want to be notified to see if you can still use the feature while not being notified when leaving home. Here's how: Set up and use Notify When Left Behind in the Find My app - Apple Support

"Add locations where you don't want to be notified

1. On your iPhone, open the Find My app.
  2. Tap Devices or Items.
  3. Tap a device.
  4. Under Notifications, tap Notify When Left Behind.
  5. From here you can:
    • See your Home as a location where you won't be notified.
    • Tap New Location to add locations where you don't want to be notified when something's left there.
    • Tap the delete button  next to a location where you want to be notified when something's left there."

Take care!

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2023 6:17 PM in response to NRRIndy

Hello NRRIndy,

We recommend trying to manually add a location where you don't want to be notified to see if you can still use the feature while not being notified when leaving home. Here's how: Set up and use Notify When Left Behind in the Find My app - Apple Support

"Add locations where you don't want to be notified

1. On your iPhone, open the Find My app.
  2. Tap Devices or Items.
  3. Tap a device.
  4. Under Notifications, tap Notify When Left Behind.
  5. From here you can:
    • See your Home as a location where you won't be notified.
    • Tap New Location to add locations where you don't want to be notified when something's left there.
    • Tap the delete button  next to a location where you want to be notified when something's left there."

Take care!

Jan 23, 2023 6:37 PM in response to NRRIndy

Give it some time and the Apple Artificial Intelligence will learn that it's a secure location and it will stop notifying you.

I would have to do some digging to provide you with an Apple link that says this, but I am not able to right now.

I'll come back and post it later if I get some time to look for it.

For now... Just give it a week (or two). I promise that it will quit.

"Notify When Left Behind" Keeps Turning Itself On

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.