Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Workout notifications not playing on airpods

A lot of people have asked this about this, but I haven't seen a good response from Apple or the community. So I finally figured it out for myself. If you are having a similar problem make sure to hit "me too".

Gear: iphone 14 pro, Airpods (gen 2 or gen 3- I have two sets), Apple Watch series 6

Situation: When I workout out using the gear above I play music on my phone and start a workout on my watch. I will get all sorts of notifications from Find-my, messaging, email, phone calls etc. I can control the music and the volume playing on my AirPods with my watch. The workout display shows on my watch, but the "alerts" that the workout app gives only plays on the watch itself. Which is super frustrating since I have AirPods in and can't hear what my watch is telling me. And before I get asked. I have connected the watch and AirPods connected on bluetooth directly

Solution!!!!

1. Turn off bluetooth on your phone.

2. Confirm on your watch that the AirPods are connected

3. Start music

4. Start workout.

Not sure why this works but it does.

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 8:27 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 12, 2024 10:28 AM in response to MrBattleboy

Thank you for that info. You definitely got me on the right track. It did not quite work for me the way you explained but it did get me thinking of other options to try.

Based upon what you suggested by turning bluetooth off on my phone. That did work but at that point I couldn't get my air pods to work and play music. I found the problem.

SOLUTION!!!

Make sure Airpods are disconnected from iphone but are connected to your apple watch. From there I opened up pandora from my apple watch and played it from the watch (NOT THE PHONE) and was able to listen to music while getting notification updates from my workout apps. This worked from any exercise app that I was able to use on my apple watch. Finally after months of trying to figure this out, I get notifications from my apple watch to my airpods. Hope this helps for everyone. Not sure if this is a glitch in the app but I am definitely relieved now.

Workout notifications not playing on airpods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.