Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rusty screw on Apple products

Has anyone experienced issues with Apple alluding to user’s responsibility for rusty screw on iPhone/Apple products?

Context:

I have a shattered back of iPhone and given it’s covered under Apple care the repair should be only for the back part.

However given Apple can’t remove the screws due to the screws being rusty, my only option was to replace the whole unit at a higher price.

I would be interested to know if this has been a common recurring issue for Apple users, with general use (especially without water immersion/exposure—given one of the staff told me it would be due to water exposure despite Apple iPhone had IP rating + I have never exposed my iPhone to water).

It’s also sad to know that such premium brand (or maybe not anymore) uses material that corrodes easily and subsequently put it down to user’s responsibility.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 10:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 4:19 AM

Thank you for your reply, however none of these applied to me. My iphone has been tested for water damage at the apple centre and it was proven to not have any water damage. Thanks though.

4 replies

Jan 22, 2023 5:10 AM in response to kaitingho

I have the same model which is iPhone 13 Pro which I have since Sept 2021. I have not expose it to any water or liquid and I did clean my iPhone when it is dirty using micro fibre cloth once in a while.

My back screen of the iPhone was never shattered before and I have a look at my device and the screws on the iPhone is not seen to be rusty

Not sure what the iPhone of other people is like but this is what mine is like.

Rusty screw on Apple products

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.