Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Be aware of Rusty screw will cause your warranty vild ( Iphone 13 pro max)

My Iphone warranty voids just because of the rusty screw. Apple service center offer me a to top up 800+ for a replacement as they can't do anything for the phone. They keep on telling me the screw rusty can only be due to water. That's the user problem. Liquid damage is not under warranty.

The service crew told me that they can help to reply if I can open the iphone by myself. What a good option!

My phone was always protecting by cover, screen protector & the condition is very new.

I read online there are many similar cases.

Couldn't it be a problem of apple QC? Or design issue?

This phone claim it has IP68 waterproof. But the screw is so easy to get rusty.

I also think apple didn't do their part to inform user to be aware of screw is easy to get rusty and most importantly is once the screw gets rusty it's not their responsibility anymore.

When purchase the new phone Apply also fail to remind customer to check if the crew is ok. Could it be on possibility that when one of the screws already rusty when I just bought it? It's too tinny to notice that.

Overall apple product is ok, but their after-sales service term is unfair to customer.

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 5:48 PM

5 replies

Be aware of Rusty screw will cause your warranty vild ( Iphone 13 pro max)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.