Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why suddenly is my Apple Watch series 7 black? I have checked settings it’s always on I didn’t do anything different when I woke this morning and it’s fully charged. It just won’t show watch face unless I tap on it.

Why suddenly after putting my apple 7 series watch on this morning is my watch face black even when I move my wrist? Battery is charged, always on setting is on and I even did a reset still won’t show clock face.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 4:51 PM

Tap the watch so that the watch face shows and then swipe up from the bottom to bring up the Control Center to make sure that the watch is not in Theater Mode.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.2; Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.3; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.3; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.3; HomePods, audioOS 16.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2023 4:51 PM in response to techsavyi'mnot

Tap the watch so that the watch face shows and then swipe up from the bottom to bring up the Control Center to make sure that the watch is not in Theater Mode.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.2; Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.3; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.3; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.3; HomePods, audioOS 16.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Why suddenly is my Apple Watch series 7 black? I have checked settings it’s always on I didn’t do anything different when I woke this morning and it’s fully charged. It just won’t show watch face unless I tap on it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.