Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail won't sync between iphone and mac

Gmail account does not sync between mac and iphone mail app. I mainly look at emails on my iphone. The messages that I delete on my iphone do not get deleted on my mac. Right now, I have no unread emails on my iphone but 513 unread on my mac. Iphone software is 16.3 and mac software is 13.2. Both are up to date on software.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 5:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 10:09 AM

Go to Mac, in Safari, go to Google.com, sign onto your mail.

If the number of unread mails is zero then it appears that the Gmail is not syncing between Mac and Google.

So in the Mac, Apple icon, System Settings, Internet Accounts, click on the Google account and Delete it.

Do not save anything on the Mac if offered.

Add the Google account back to the Mac in the usual way.

If the number of unread mails on the Safari version is 513 then the iphone is not syncing so you need to do the same procedure to to the iPhone. Settings, Mail, Accounts.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2023 10:09 AM in response to teagan296

Go to Mac, in Safari, go to Google.com, sign onto your mail.

If the number of unread mails is zero then it appears that the Gmail is not syncing between Mac and Google.

So in the Mac, Apple icon, System Settings, Internet Accounts, click on the Google account and Delete it.

Do not save anything on the Mac if offered.

Add the Google account back to the Mac in the usual way.

If the number of unread mails on the Safari version is 513 then the iphone is not syncing so you need to do the same procedure to to the iPhone. Settings, Mail, Accounts.

Gmail won't sync between iphone and mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.