Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact still blocked after unblocking

I blocked my wife (also Emergency contact) to experience what a blocked caller experiences. This was only a few minutes. After unblocking she can no longer call me. I have no third party blocking or call filtering apps, it was a straight block contact, call, and then unblock that caused the issue.

I see others have tried making new contacts with previously blocked numbers to no avail. Why is this bug not fixed? I have an iPhone X, my wife has an iPhone 14. She can text me and leave a message, but the call wont come through.

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 1:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 11:37 PM

Wondering if you have tried restarting your iiPhone so the changes may take effect.

How to: Restart your iPhone

3 replies

Jan 26, 2023 8:17 PM in response to brbo

The situation has resolved now, but not sure what action actually did the trick. I did delete the number in the contact page (leaving emails and other numbers alone) and re-enter it, the phone did an update from iOS 16.2 to 16.3 (and it restarted as a consequence).

Thanks for the suggestion, that may have been the fix, but not sure.

Contact still blocked after unblocking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.