Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV for Kids

Hi,

I am trying to set up a separate user experience for my child who is 8. They have an account with restrictions for the iPad and I have set them up as an additional user on the Apple TV but the Apple TV experience looks the same for my child as it would an adult. In other words, all of the adult tv programmes are listed on the front page etc. How do I create a child friendly user experience for my child? I don’t want them to have access to YouTube etc. Thanks

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 3:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 4:46 AM

When the child account is the active account, then any restrictions that go with that apply. The Home Screen would be the same, regardless of active user. Access to content in Apple apps would be impacted, based on e.g. age rating. Access to apps (including third party apps) can be restricted using Restrictions. All apps have an age rating. Third party apps may have their own content filtering bases on accounts or user profiles. If wanted, there is a YouTube Kids app with a subset of content that is deemed much more suitable for the younger ones, although YouTube’s parent company is of course still an advertising company.

Restrict access to content on Apple TV - Apple Support

Restricted access would require a 4-digit PIN number.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 4:46 AM in response to Rbn2012

When the child account is the active account, then any restrictions that go with that apply. The Home Screen would be the same, regardless of active user. Access to content in Apple apps would be impacted, based on e.g. age rating. Access to apps (including third party apps) can be restricted using Restrictions. All apps have an age rating. Third party apps may have their own content filtering bases on accounts or user profiles. If wanted, there is a YouTube Kids app with a subset of content that is deemed much more suitable for the younger ones, although YouTube’s parent company is of course still an advertising company.

Restrict access to content on Apple TV - Apple Support

Restricted access would require a 4-digit PIN number.

Apple TV for Kids

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.