Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iPhone

I've lost my phone. On find my iPhone the last location was 4:14am and it hasn't updated since. However, it is allowing me to play a sound on the phone so it mustn't be out of battery. Does anyone know why the location isn't updating if it still has battery?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 9:08 AM

Don't forget that the phone must have a good Internet connection in addition to ample battery power. If the phone was moved to a location where it does not have a good Internet connection, it cannot update on its location. Also possible that the phone has been powered down.

All that you can do is keep checking every few hours to see if there have been any changes. If nothing has changed at some point you may see a "last known location".

I'm sorry, but realistically the phone is gone, so you need to protect yourself as much as possible.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2023 9:08 AM in response to Brazellian

Don't forget that the phone must have a good Internet connection in addition to ample battery power. If the phone was moved to a location where it does not have a good Internet connection, it cannot update on its location. Also possible that the phone has been powered down.

All that you can do is keep checking every few hours to see if there have been any changes. If nothing has changed at some point you may see a "last known location".

I'm sorry, but realistically the phone is gone, so you need to protect yourself as much as possible.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Find my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.