Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won’t use external display feature, only mirroring, the arrangement button is missing

ipad Pro 2021 12.9 inch, tried both on version 16.2, and version 16.3.

I am using a type c to type c connection, the display appears under screen and brightness but there is no arrangement option.

The cable is fine because it mirror the iPad and because I also tried on my other iPad Pro 2021 11 inch and it works like a charm.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 8:22 AM

1 reply

Jan 26, 2023 5:12 PM in response to Rizumu85

Hello Rizumu85,

You may find some helpful information for using the external display with the iPad here: Connect iPad to a display with a cable - Apple Support

Organize windows on your iPad and external display with Stage Manager
Stage Manager lets you connect supported iPad Pro and iPad Air models to an external display with up to 6K of resolution, giving you fast access to windows and apps.
To use Stage Manager, place your iPad in landscape orientation, connect it to an external display, open Control Center, then tap the Stage Manager button.
The window of the app you’re using is positioned prominently in the center, so you can focus on it without going full screen. Your other apps are arranged on the left side in order of recent use.
In Stage Manager, you can do any of the following:
•Resize your windows to make them the perfect size for your task.
•Move your windows around on the center canvas.
•Access your favorite apps from the Dock, along with the ones you used recently.
•Use App Library to quickly find the app you want.
•Drag and drop windows from the side or open apps from the Dock to create app sets you can tap to get back to.
•Move files and windows between your supported iPad and your external display.

Cheers.

iPad won’t use external display feature, only mirroring, the arrangement button is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.