Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD drive no longer working after 13.2 update

I just updated to Ventura 13.2 and my Verbatim external DVD drive is no longer recognized by my iMac.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

iMac 27″

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 3:19 PM

Actually my macbook now ignores my Apple CD drive. 13.2 is the problem.

9 replies

Feb 3, 2023 12:03 PM in response to SoYoung24

Feb. 3, 2023. Since updating to Ventura 13.2 a couple of days ago my Seagate backup drive does not appear. Disk Utility does not recognize it. Matter of fact, now my 2019 iMac does not recognize a flash drive either. When I start of in Recovery or Safe mode the backup drive is recognized and I could run First Aid until completion. To add to the mystery, when in regular mode Ventura 13.2 does not recognize either of the backup drives I have for my MacBook Pro (Passport Ultra and WD drives) which is still running Mojave 10.14.6

My external DVD/CD is recognized and plays with the 13.2 update.

This problem appeared since the upgrade to Ventura 13.2. Prior to that upgrade, issues that appeared with 13.0 were working normally for the most part with the bug 13.1 fixes. Now this. Not good, Apple!

DVD drive no longer working after 13.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.