Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16 and iPhone 14 Pro Max offering to email when Siri is told to text

Hi,

My wife just got the above phone with iOS 16. When she tells Siri "text to Tony [last name]," Siri says "which one" and pops up three choices, all of them email addresses: my Apple ID email, an old email address I haven't used in nearly 15 years, and the email address I had at me.com. It doesn't offer my phone number as any of the options. She relies on Siri to text me while driving, so this is pretty annoying and inconvenient. What can we do to make this go away? She had iOS 16 on her old phone, a 10 (I forget which one), and this function worked as expected.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 1:21 PM

Hi there tonytypesalot,

If the contact information that is appearing when your wife tries to use Siri and messages is not accurate, let's first ensure the contact information for you saved on the iPhone is accurate and up-to-date. These articles walk you through how to edit and manage contacts on iPhone:

Edit contacts on iPhone - Apple Support

Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If this continues to occur once the contact information is updated, your wife may have to be more specific with Siri in order for it to understand exactly what she is trying to accomplish. If she is trying to message your phone number for example, she may need to tell Siri to "Message Tony, mobile" or "Message Tony, iPhone". This will help Siri perform the requested task as well as help it learn more about how your wife uses Siri.

We hope that helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2023 1:21 PM in response to tonytypesalot

Hi there tonytypesalot,

If the contact information that is appearing when your wife tries to use Siri and messages is not accurate, let's first ensure the contact information for you saved on the iPhone is accurate and up-to-date. These articles walk you through how to edit and manage contacts on iPhone:

Edit contacts on iPhone - Apple Support

Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If this continues to occur once the contact information is updated, your wife may have to be more specific with Siri in order for it to understand exactly what she is trying to accomplish. If she is trying to message your phone number for example, she may need to tell Siri to "Message Tony, mobile" or "Message Tony, iPhone". This will help Siri perform the requested task as well as help it learn more about how your wife uses Siri.

We hope that helps!

iOS 16 and iPhone 14 Pro Max offering to email when Siri is told to text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.