Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why my hears itch?

I purchased my AirPods 2nd Gen November or December last year. I wore them and my heats started itching I stopped using them for a few weeks and started using them again and my heats itch as soon as I wear them. This never happened with my first pair of AirPods.

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 12:32 PM

Hello nlabra,

If your AirPods (2nd generation) are causing itching or rashes inside your ears, you should stop using them.

See this article on Apple for more information about the materials used for manufacturing AirPods:

Wearing your AirPods, EarPods, or Beats devices - Apple Support

Have a nice day.

2 replies

Jan 26, 2023 10:30 AM in response to nlabra

There are a lot of people who have a reaction to the AirPods material including myself. There are a few rather long threads here on the issue. I have no problem with the older AirPods 1 or 2. AirPods 3 I can use but experience minor irritation. I can not use the Pro's even with third party tips. I get a major irritation that can last for days after very little use.

The inner ear canal has more sensitive skin than the out portion. I believe the newer versions fit deeper into the ear canal (obviously the pros do) than the first gen which irritates the inner part of the ear. You'll find many have posted "fixes" here but it's best to try a different brand that don't cause irritation. I have gone back to using Gen 2 occasionally for phone calls and over ear headphones.

Why my hears itch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.