Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails disappear from my inbox on my iPhone

when i open an outlook email from my iphone, and then return to my inbox, the email I opened has disappeared from my inbox without being deleted. What is going on with that and how do I prevent it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 2:09 PM

Hey there OldMyque,

We understand you've noticed that when you open an email and return to view your inbox, it vanishes. We'd be happy to provide information about what may be happening.

It sounds like you have the unread filter enabled. Have a look at the information about it here:

Filter emails in Mail on iPhone - Apple Support

Filter emails
1. Tap the Toggle Filtering button in the bottom-left corner of a mailbox list.
2. Tap “Filtered by,” then select or turn on the criteria for emails you want to view.
To turn off all filters, tap the Toggle Filtering button. To turn off a specific filter, tap “Filtered by,” then deselect it.

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 2:09 PM in response to OldMyque

Hey there OldMyque,

We understand you've noticed that when you open an email and return to view your inbox, it vanishes. We'd be happy to provide information about what may be happening.

It sounds like you have the unread filter enabled. Have a look at the information about it here:

Filter emails in Mail on iPhone - Apple Support

Filter emails
1. Tap the Toggle Filtering button in the bottom-left corner of a mailbox list.
2. Tap “Filtered by,” then select or turn on the criteria for emails you want to view.
To turn off all filters, tap the Toggle Filtering button. To turn off a specific filter, tap “Filtered by,” then deselect it.

Regards.

Emails disappear from my inbox on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.