Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Unable to download apps on iPhone 6 with iOS 12.5.7

Hi i have an iphone 6 with ios 12.5.7 and i cant download youtube or anyother app that says requires specific ios.plz help me and it can't be updated to the latest ios version

thanku

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2024 5:54 PM

On an iOS 12.5.7 device it would not let me update. It kept saying it was out of date and some older iOS could use an older version, but it would not move past that pop up. It kept showing the same pop up.

So I deleted the YouTube app and downloaded from the app store again, then it allowed me to use YouTube again. I assume it allowed a compatible version of YouTube to download after it was erased. It is hard to find the version number . But I finally located it. It is 17.39.4. It was trying to download 19.03.2 but only provided a repeating failure.

55 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2024 5:54 PM in response to Hamzi89

On an iOS 12.5.7 device it would not let me update. It kept saying it was out of date and some older iOS could use an older version, but it would not move past that pop up. It kept showing the same pop up.

So I deleted the YouTube app and downloaded from the app store again, then it allowed me to use YouTube again. I assume it allowed a compatible version of YouTube to download after it was erased. It is hard to find the version number . But I finally located it. It is 17.39.4. It was trying to download 19.03.2 but only provided a repeating failure.

Apr 18, 2023 7:02 PM in response to Hamzi89

If your iPhone 6 is running on iOS 12.5.7, it may not be able to download and install certain apps that require a higher version of iOS. Unfortunately, there may not be a solution for this, as Apple has discontinued support for the iPhone 6 and newer versions of iOS are not compatible with it.

However, here are a few things you could try:

1. Clear the App Store cache: Sometimes clearing the App Store cache can help resolve issues with downloading apps. To do this, go to the App Store, tap on your profile picture, scroll down and tap on "Clear Cache".
  2. Try downloading the app from a different source: If you're not able to download an app from the App Store, you could try downloading it from a different source, such as the app's official website or a third-party app store. However, be cautious when downloading apps from third-party sources, as they may not be safe or secure.
  3. Contact the app developer: If you're having trouble downloading a specific app, you could try contacting the app developer to see if they have any suggestions or workarounds.

Ultimately, if your iPhone 6 is unable to download the apps you need, you may need to consider upgrading to a newer device that supports the latest version of iOS.

Sep 23, 2023 11:05 AM in response to Hamzi89

Do you have another iphone or apple devices using ios 14 or later? If yes, login using that apple id on your ios 12. Then download the apps use app store, when you input the password of the apple id, the app store will asked you to download the earlier version that can run on ios 12. Hope this will help you. I'll already test it on my ipad mini 3 running ios 12.5.7. Using apple id from my wife iphone xs running ios 16.6.1. And it works...

Jan 12, 2024 11:22 AM in response to Hamzi89

Go to AppStore, then click on your avatar, tap on Purchased> My Purchases> All and in a list down below you will see the Youtube Watch, Listen, Stream. Tap on a cloud next to it and app store will ask you to install the older version that your iphone 6 with ios 12.5.7 can support. confirm by tapping on download and....... wholla. Enjoy the Youtube app. The same is for Facebook and Instagram app.

Unable to download apps on iPhone 6 with iOS 12.5.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.