Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone notification badges turned off, but don't work

iPhone 14 pro max, iOS 16.2

badges on icons that notify mail and messages are unread are turn on, but don't work. Cycling setting off and then back on does nothing.

Reboot of iPhone fixes the problem for a short period of time (minutes? hour?), but next time I look, the badges no longer are displayed.

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 12:09 PM

Solved. Apparently, leaving the Focus setting to "Do not disturb" will cause the badges on icons like Mail and Messages to not display. I don't know if that is a new software logic, or I just never had it in that setting. Regardless, I learned that from a phone call with Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2023 12:09 PM in response to ed2890

Solved. Apparently, leaving the Focus setting to "Do not disturb" will cause the badges on icons like Mail and Messages to not display. I don't know if that is a new software logic, or I just never had it in that setting. Regardless, I learned that from a phone call with Apple Support.

iphone notification badges turned off, but don't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.