Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Matched iTunes displaying dotted cloud!

I have a very large iTunes music library stored on Windows 10 laptop. All songs have been successfully Matched and are available on other Apple devices. However, a handful of them still show a dotted cloud. They are matched and are available on other devices, so why the dotted cloud? I am using the latest software. Thanks

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 11:51 AM

See If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support. You could try updating iCloud Music Library to see if that fixes the dotted clouds. Have you checked that they play on other devices as well as just appearing?

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 27, 2023 1:48 PM in response to Fatboy2004

I have a very large iTunes music library stored on Windows 10 laptop. All songs have been successfully Matched and are available on other Apple devices. However, a handful of them still show a dotted cloud. They are matched and are available on other devices, so why the dotted cloud? I am using the latest software.

I can successfully play all same music on other devices. I have updated tag information to force an update. The updates take place on synced devices, but the dotted cloud persists. I have gone to library and selected Update iCloud Music Library. This maybe just a Windows iTunes issue. The symptom has no ill effect apart from displaying the dotted cloud.

I have even replaced the hard drive thinking that may be faulty.

Thanks

Jan 27, 2023 2:08 PM in response to Fatboy2004

Assuming the songs are physically present in your main library, and if you absolutely must fix it, for reasons, you could create a brand new empty library, enable iCloud Music Library in that, delete the problem tracks from your iCloud Music Library, then revert to the main library where the tracks should now show as Removed. You should then be able to right-click and Add to Library, adding them back in, hopefully without dotted cloud icons this time.

tt2

Matched iTunes displaying dotted cloud!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.