Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX Transitions don't work on version 10.6.5 and Ventura 13.1

I just updated my mac mini m1 2020, to Ventura 13.1 and my Final Cut Pro 10.6.5 will not allow me to add any transitions, not even with the double-click method that others users have been able to make work. I've spent hours trying to find out what the workaround is but have yet to find anyone who has had this same problem. However, I have been able to move my external project drive to my laptop with System 12.5.1 (Monterey) and FCPX 10.6.4 and was able to add transitions without any problems! The kicker is, once I take the files back to the Ventura machine, I still can't add any new transitions, but I can cut and paste the transitions that were added from the laptop System 12.5.1. I can also change the transitions by the traditional drag and drop. I'm hoping someone can address this issue and let me know if there is a fix to this problem other than using an older operating system and an older FCPX.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 10:32 AM

LBdesign21 wrote:

I just updated my mac mini m1 2020, to Ventura 13.1 and my Final Cut Pro 10.6.5 will not allow me to add any transitions, not even with the double-click method that others users have been able to make work. I've spent hours trying to find out what the workaround is but have yet to find anyone who has had this same problem. However, I have been able to move my external project drive to my laptop with System 12.5.1 (Monterey) and FCPX 10.6.4 and was able to add transitions without any problems! The kicker is, once I take the files back to the Ventura machine, I still can't add any new transitions, but I can cut and paste the transitions that were added from the laptop System 12.5.1. I can also change the transitions by the traditional drag and drop. I'm hoping someone can address this issue and let me know if there is a fix to this problem other than using an older operating system and an older FCPX.

ref

Final Cut Pro - Official Apple Support note: Resolve an issue in Final Cut Pro - Apple Support

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.2

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2023 10:32 AM in response to LBdesign21

LBdesign21 wrote:

ref

Final Cut Pro - Official Apple Support note: Resolve an issue in Final Cut Pro - Apple Support

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.