Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My password will not stay in mail for my outlook account.

My password for my Outlook account keeps disappearing in Mail.

I'll be working in mail, and suddenly I can't send any more mails. I check under my settings and the password field is empty.

Is it mischief night for Siri?

Mac Air 13 in 2019

Ventura 13.2

It seems that there's no place to enter my password in System Settings and I can only find it in Mail Settings.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 2:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 5:56 AM

The password field in Mail shows blank could simply be for security to make it invisible. Mine is blank after setting it yet my mail still works. As to your question in terms of system settings, It's under 'Accounts' in System Settings. You might try, deleting it from there as well as from the Mail app. Then re-adding it.

However, before you do this, you might try the method of booting into safemode first. This fixes many issues related to odd behavior in macOS.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 5:56 AM in response to Jarmaracark

The password field in Mail shows blank could simply be for security to make it invisible. Mine is blank after setting it yet my mail still works. As to your question in terms of system settings, It's under 'Accounts' in System Settings. You might try, deleting it from there as well as from the Mail app. Then re-adding it.

However, before you do this, you might try the method of booting into safemode first. This fixes many issues related to odd behavior in macOS.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

My password will not stay in mail for my outlook account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.