Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outlook password not being recognized in the MAC mail app

I had to change my MAC Book pro model from a 2011on El Capitan to a 2015 on Mojave due to a crash. I TimeMachine imaged over my content to the new hardware and I have a lingering issue.

My Outlook password is not being recognized in the MAC mail app and returns an "Unable to verify account name or password" error. Needless to say my outlook mail is not synching but my aol mail is.

What should I do? When I open the mail in Outlook natively the mails are being updated.

Thanks for helping.

Tom in Seattle.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 14, 2019 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2019 7:30 AM

It's an O365 account not corporate Exchange.

All's well that ends well though because after tooling around to mirror the Name asked of the account in the Apple form with the User name or Full name input on the Microsoft account itself which are different, it worked with the Full name input.

Devil in the details...I'm good now - thanks!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2019 7:30 AM in response to LD150

It's an O365 account not corporate Exchange.

All's well that ends well though because after tooling around to mirror the Name asked of the account in the Apple form with the User name or Full name input on the Microsoft account itself which are different, it worked with the Full name input.

Devil in the details...I'm good now - thanks!

May 14, 2019 11:11 PM in response to LD150

I just did that but I run into the same problem with the error "Unable to verify account name or password".

The input window additionally exposes two new fields: Internal URL: and External URL: with greyed in default https://etcetc inputs that I could overwrite....

What should I do? I feel like I need to go to the Apple store or call in a help desk.

Thanks for steering me.

Tom

May 15, 2019 3:50 AM in response to Nepther

I assumed you were talking about username@outlook.com email (like hotmail) which is what I use but I don't see anything like you are getting.

If you are talking about corporate Exchange mail then I can't help.

With simple outlook.com mail I add the account in Other, then select the type Mail Account and it's a simple addition of password to register.

Outlook password not being recognized in the MAC mail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.