Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Newsletter in the application Pages

Hi, I created a newsletter in the application Pages but I can't convert it into an email (filetype .eml). I don't want to send it as an attachment. I want to make it the email on itself. Can you help me to solve this problem? Thank you.

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 2:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 1:16 PM

Hi Sarka,

Pages does not offer an option to export a Pages file as an email formatted file.

I see four possible options:

1. Look for a Word to eMail site or application online. If found, export your newsletter as an MSWord file, then translate the Word doc to .eml format,using the online app.
  2. Save your newsletter as a Pages file. Attach that file to the email message announcing its availability.
  3. Save your newsletter as a .pdf file (or a set of .pdf files. Paste the .pdf image(s) into your email message.
  4. Compose your newsletter directly in the email message. Include images in .pdf or .jpg formats.

#2 will work only for recipients with a Mac, or with an application that can open Pages files.

Regards,

Barry

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2023 1:16 PM in response to SarkaSaturnin

Hi Sarka,

Pages does not offer an option to export a Pages file as an email formatted file.

I see four possible options:

1. Look for a Word to eMail site or application online. If found, export your newsletter as an MSWord file, then translate the Word doc to .eml format,using the online app.
  2. Save your newsletter as a Pages file. Attach that file to the email message announcing its availability.
  3. Save your newsletter as a .pdf file (or a set of .pdf files. Paste the .pdf image(s) into your email message.
  4. Compose your newsletter directly in the email message. Include images in .pdf or .jpg formats.

#2 will work only for recipients with a Mac, or with an application that can open Pages files.

Regards,

Barry

Jan 30, 2023 1:50 PM in response to SarkaSaturnin

Even if you copy/pasted your Pages content into a new Mail compose window, the Pages word processing formatting would be ignored. You will be hard-pressed to find any word processing application that can save or export to Apple Mail's .eml message format. MS Word 16.69.1 and LibreOffice 7.4.5 cannot.

If I were you, I would abandon your .eml approach and send a PDF attachment via File menu > Print… > PDF : Send in Mail.

Jan 31, 2023 4:43 AM in response to SarkaSaturnin

The industry standard for distributing newsletters is either as an email PDF attachment, a URL to that PDF location on a server, or a NewsLetter done in HTML/CSS with a URL link to that website destination in the body of an email. The latter two as an alternative to an email PDF attachment.

I get a newsletter in Apple Mail from Serif Europe (Affinity products) that is based on HTML/CSS styling and shows up nicely formatted — because Apple Mail presents the URL to it on the vendor's server in its local web styling.

You are interpreting the naming of that Pages template (NewsLetter) literally and not as it is intended to be used in a Pages document that is exported to PDF. As I mentioned earlier, no mainstream word processing application is designed to convert word processing template content direct to email formatting (.e.g. .eml), though MS Word, not Pages, can save its content in HTML format.

Newsletter in the application Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.