Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone shows the camera on (green signal) even the camera is not used.

I saw that the iPhone 14pro max that I am using shows a green signal for the usage of the camera even camera is not being used. So, I restarted my phone. The green signal disappeared. The green and audio signals appeared when I used the messenger for video calls. The audio signal disappeared as the video call ended, but the green signal remained. I removed access to the camera to all the apps in the setting even though the signal is here. Now the green signal is 24 hours on. What may be the solution?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, 16

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 2:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 2:51 AM

A green indicator means either the camera or the camera and the microphone are being used by an app on your iPhone. (extracted from this article:--> About the orange and green indicators in your iPhone status bar).

Instead of restarting your iPhone, try to force close all the apps you opened (which you gave permission to access your mic and/or your camera), as per these instructions:--> Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

If the issue persists, since your iPhone is still covered by warranty, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2023 2:51 AM in response to Pimire

A green indicator means either the camera or the camera and the microphone are being used by an app on your iPhone. (extracted from this article:--> About the orange and green indicators in your iPhone status bar).

Instead of restarting your iPhone, try to force close all the apps you opened (which you gave permission to access your mic and/or your camera), as per these instructions:--> Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

If the issue persists, since your iPhone is still covered by warranty, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

iPhone shows the camera on (green signal) even the camera is not used.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.