Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The camera keeps turning off during video calls when I switch to a second app

Hello everyone

I moved to use the iPhone recently and I have the iPhone 7 Plus. I am facing a problem during video calls. When I switch from the application through which I make the video call to another application, my camera stops. Is there a solution to this problem?

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 12:39 PM

Thank you so much for your reply

i tried to find the permissons of the camera but I couldn’t find them

also even if I switch from the application to background the camera stops so my friend cannot see me until i get in the application which i use to make the call again

So how i can give the permisson to camera to work on background ?

thank you again 🙏

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2023 12:39 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you so much for your reply

i tried to find the permissons of the camera but I couldn’t find them

also even if I switch from the application to background the camera stops so my friend cannot see me until i get in the application which i use to make the call again

So how i can give the permisson to camera to work on background ?

thank you again 🙏

The camera keeps turning off during video calls when I switch to a second app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.