Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wallet missing from System Preferences on iMac

I have Wallet on my M1 MacBook Air, iPhone 12 Pro and Watch 8.

But it has gone missing from my 2017 iMac running Ventura 13.1.

When going to Apple Pay on the iMac, it shows all the cards which are on the Watch and iPhone.

But, Wallet is missing from iMac System Preferences.

Why?

All my OSs are up to date.

iMac 27″ 5K

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 3:57 AM

Q - " But it has gone missing from my 2017 iMac running Ventura 13.1."

A - I am not sure this specific feature " Wallet " is available on an Intel based computer or at least an Intel Computer without a Touch ID functionality

A - You made able to still use the Credit Cards to make a Payment but make sure they are appearing in Safari >> Setting and enable the " Credit Cards " is enabled and the Cards are appearing within that specific area.

Image below

EDITED

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2023 3:57 AM in response to Jagmurcredrea

Q - " But it has gone missing from my 2017 iMac running Ventura 13.1."

A - I am not sure this specific feature " Wallet " is available on an Intel based computer or at least an Intel Computer without a Touch ID functionality

A - You made able to still use the Credit Cards to make a Payment but make sure they are appearing in Safari >> Setting and enable the " Credit Cards " is enabled and the Cards are appearing within that specific area.

Image below

EDITED

Jan 29, 2023 6:26 AM in response to Jagmurcredrea

I think there might be a slight mis-usage in the wording " taken away Wallet from my iMac "

As my learned colleague mentions, unless the computer is Configured ( internal component of the computer >> Secure Enclave ) it was never there even if using the Touch ID enabled Apple Keyboard

Refer to link below and specific to Apple Touch ID Keyboard

Magic Keyboard with Touch ID and Numeric Keypad for Mac models with Apple silicon - US English - Black Keys - Apple (CA)

Jan 29, 2023 8:09 AM in response to PRP_53

Hi - before I got my M1 MacBook I solely used my Intel iMac, and was able to use Apple Pay.

My memory is sketchy, but I feel sure I had set up Apple Pay via the Wallet in settings. I certainly used Apple Pay on the iMac to make purchases, without using cards from my iPhone or Watch.

When I phoned Apple Support, the very helpful chap in India couldn't figure what was happening, as with the very nice chap he escalated the issue to in Ireland. Both thought Wallet should be present in Settings.

And that was how it was left.

You are probably right in your comments... the weird bit to me is being able to use Apple Pay on the iMac pre-Ventura. Indeed, I would have used it to buy my M1 MacBook Air.

Jan 29, 2023 8:51 AM in response to Jagmurcredrea

You may be able to make a Purchase using Apple Pay IF your iPhone and computer are close together and Both have Bluetooth On.

At time of Purchase on the computer, the Alert on the iPhone would appear and you would Authorize the Payment on that device ( iPhone).

This I have experience but only once so maybe @ Barney-15E can assist in greater detail

Wallet missing from System Preferences on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.