Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad pro m2 16.3 what are the compatible security keys? Usb c? Nfc?

I wasn’t sure what the recommended security keys work with the iPad. With the update to iOS 16.3 I wasn’t sure if the M2 chip can work with NFC or requires a USB-C connector.

my goal is to use a security key for two factor authentication with something like Bitwarden, which has multiplatform compatibility, and to use it with an iPhone 13 pro max an iPad Pro max M2 and other services

does the iPad Pro M2 also work with using a hardware security key for Bitwarden and which interface is recommended or compatible NFC or USB-C?

Thank you very much for your help.

iPad Pro

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 11:05 AM

4 replies

Jan 29, 2023 11:32 AM in response to rahgor

NFC only works with iPhone. See this summary from the link that brought you here

Near-field communication (NFC) keys work only with iPhone. These keys connect to your device with just a tap.

USB-C

USB-C connectors work with most Mac models, and can work with iPhone with a Lightning-to-USB-C adapter.

Lightning

Lightning connectors work with most iPhone models.

USB-A

USB-A connectors work with older Mac models, and can work on newer Mac models with a USB-C-to-USB-A adapter.

Ipad pro m2 16.3 what are the compatible security keys? Usb c? Nfc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.