Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone restore

Hi , I lost my phone at 11/01/23

i buy a new one , and after 5 days that I wait at my home connected to WiFi’, it was not finish , so I go to buy more one phone , that will be conected to WiFi and charger without any disconnect,

and today after 10 days of waiting and Conectining to charger and WiFi without any disconnect , it’s download some thing like 1gb per day .

I got more 22 Gb left , and evey day it’s become slower , my WiFi connection is optical and very fast , any tips to get a faster restore , 10 days of restore is extremely unreliable, please help

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 11:50 AM

2 replies

Jan 31, 2023 11:05 AM in response to Sabahor

Hello Sabahor,

Based on what you've shared it sounds like your iPhone is slow to restore a backup via Wi-Fi. We recommend testing with another network if you're able, however, the length of time it takes to set up your device from a backup will vary based on size. If you encounter an issue or alert review the guidance listed here: If restore from iCloud backup failed - Apple Support

Cheers.

Jan 31, 2023 11:15 AM in response to Drew_7

No. I tried with my iPhone 14 pro max 4 different WiFi networks , all the networks have download speed of minimum 100 mbps,

all the networks starting to restore they finish 10 gb in minutes..

after it it become slower , after 100gb of restoring, the lest 30gb take days..

at the lest 24 hours it’s download only 1 gb , 20 gv left to finish the restore,

I tell you in 100%

its not the WiFi or the device, I buy two iphone, one to use daily, and the other only for the restoring , I think that apple servers limit the connection, or I don’t know what .. I have to find a solution,

I start the lest restore Befor 10 days

I upload to here a Picture from now and from 48 hours before, look how slowly it is

iPhone restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.