Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In iOS 16.2, using Apple Maps, CarPlay does not display route information onscreen

In iOS 16.2, using Apple Maps, CarPlay does not display route information onscreen. After setting a destination and starting the route displayed on the iPhone, the Apple CarPlay app does not display the route (blue route trace to destination) on the CarPlay display (2020 Acura TLX). Trying to debug this.

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 11:52 AM

If you are switching between different map apps you may need to open the current app you’re using for directions from the screen in the car. If you set a destination and start the journey before connecting to CarPlay the app may not display on the screen. It’s best to re-begin the journey in the app or try selecting the app from the CarPlay screen.

If the options above didn’t resolve the issue go into settings on your phone select search at the top and search for CarPlay. Delete the current car receiver then pair again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2023 11:52 AM in response to jtyler2gator

If you are switching between different map apps you may need to open the current app you’re using for directions from the screen in the car. If you set a destination and start the journey before connecting to CarPlay the app may not display on the screen. It’s best to re-begin the journey in the app or try selecting the app from the CarPlay screen.

If the options above didn’t resolve the issue go into settings on your phone select search at the top and search for CarPlay. Delete the current car receiver then pair again.

Jan 29, 2023 12:55 PM in response to JulienStanford

Julien, Thanks! I did both the CarPlay Reset (deleted the Acura app connection and re-adding it). Then I started the Maps app from the CarPlay display and selected the destination on the CarPlay display in my Acura. Everything now works as it should. When I select the destination and select GO, the route display (blue trace) and directions now appear onscreen. (I also updated iOS to 16.3 which just came out and rebooted the iPhone after deleting my CarPlay device, just for added measure). All is right with CarPlay once more. :-))

In iOS 16.2, using Apple Maps, CarPlay does not display route information onscreen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.