Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhone says an update is required to activate your iPhone and when I plugged in to my laptop it does not open

my iPhone says an update is required to activate your iPhone and when I plugged in to my laptop it does not open

Posted on Jan 29, 2023 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 10:35 PM

Re: "my iPhone says an update is required to activate your iPhone and when I plugged in to my laptop it does not open"

What to do: If your computer doesn't recognise your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support

To update:

if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later,

1. Open a Finder window on a Mac with macOS Catalina or later.
  2. Connect your device to your computer.
  3. Select your device in the left sidebar of the Finder window. Find out what to do if you don't see your device.
  4. Click General, then click Check for Update. 
  5. Click Download and Update. Continue by following the onscreen instructions.
  6. If asked, enter your passcode. Find out what to do if you don't know your passcode.

or follow instructions in the article:

if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2023 10:35 PM in response to manarsokary

Re: "my iPhone says an update is required to activate your iPhone and when I plugged in to my laptop it does not open"

What to do: If your computer doesn't recognise your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support

To update:

if you're using a Mac with macOS Catalina or later,

1. Open a Finder window on a Mac with macOS Catalina or later.
  2. Connect your device to your computer.
  3. Select your device in the left sidebar of the Finder window. Find out what to do if you don't see your device.
  4. Click General, then click Check for Update. 
  5. Click Download and Update. Continue by following the onscreen instructions.
  6. If asked, enter your passcode. Find out what to do if you don't know your passcode.

or follow instructions in the article:

if you're using a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier or a Windows PC.

All the best :-)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.