Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How is My Singing Monsters game charging my account without requiring my password?

My son has been playing this "My Singing Monsters" game for a while now. I have made it so that purchases made within games or on Itunes require my password. I found out that I have been getting charged like crazy over the past month! How is this possible?

Posted on Jan 30, 2023 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 9:46 AM

We got all three of our kids iphones for Christmas. My two oldest got iphone 13s and Our youngest got her older sisters iphone 11 to test her responsibility before getting her a new one. They all 3 have their own apple ID. All 3 are linked to my cash app so it declines unless I unlock it and have money loaded. Somehow...my PayPal got linked which is set to our bank. My kids have been allowed about 20 bucks to 30ish on each of their phones for the month of January. Tell me why while they were all sound asleep I get 400 dollars worth of my singing monster purchases. In the middle of the night...Purchases that are supposed to require their password, my approval of purchase, and my cash app card loaded and unlocked...even face ID on my youngest. The iphone 11 shows no purchases made so I believe she is clear. I changed all pw. Canceled cards. It's such a hassle. The two iphone 13s show like 5 or more transactions in a row on two different days for the 4.99 bucket of diamonds. I actually believe my kids when they say they did not make these multiple purchases all in a row like that. Not to mention the triple factor Purchase method that seems to work for EVERY single other apps with in game purchases. So yeah our bank account is missing a large chunk and now we don't know what to do. I am loathing calling apple because the last time I had to call for money missing it was because someone used my very very old apple ID that I don't use other than to parent my kids apple id's. It was on my old iPad that my nephew left at his old step dad's house. Step dads new step kid decided to get apple TV and other scripts. I did not get a refund for the measly 20 bucks I lost then. They basically acted like I was stupid because I haven't used an iPhone in 8 years. I just wanted them to delete my whole apple ID or lock it or something. They said I need to get on my iTunes store and update my info. At that time...I had 0 apple devices. I've never stressed about this kind of thing and always been easily able to find a resolution with whatever customer service I've ever needed to call. But apple...just to spend 20 minutes explaining that I've already done every suggested thing on every list they tell you to follow for security issues.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2023 9:46 AM in response to BoogzfromOC

We got all three of our kids iphones for Christmas. My two oldest got iphone 13s and Our youngest got her older sisters iphone 11 to test her responsibility before getting her a new one. They all 3 have their own apple ID. All 3 are linked to my cash app so it declines unless I unlock it and have money loaded. Somehow...my PayPal got linked which is set to our bank. My kids have been allowed about 20 bucks to 30ish on each of their phones for the month of January. Tell me why while they were all sound asleep I get 400 dollars worth of my singing monster purchases. In the middle of the night...Purchases that are supposed to require their password, my approval of purchase, and my cash app card loaded and unlocked...even face ID on my youngest. The iphone 11 shows no purchases made so I believe she is clear. I changed all pw. Canceled cards. It's such a hassle. The two iphone 13s show like 5 or more transactions in a row on two different days for the 4.99 bucket of diamonds. I actually believe my kids when they say they did not make these multiple purchases all in a row like that. Not to mention the triple factor Purchase method that seems to work for EVERY single other apps with in game purchases. So yeah our bank account is missing a large chunk and now we don't know what to do. I am loathing calling apple because the last time I had to call for money missing it was because someone used my very very old apple ID that I don't use other than to parent my kids apple id's. It was on my old iPad that my nephew left at his old step dad's house. Step dads new step kid decided to get apple TV and other scripts. I did not get a refund for the measly 20 bucks I lost then. They basically acted like I was stupid because I haven't used an iPhone in 8 years. I just wanted them to delete my whole apple ID or lock it or something. They said I need to get on my iTunes store and update my info. At that time...I had 0 apple devices. I've never stressed about this kind of thing and always been easily able to find a resolution with whatever customer service I've ever needed to call. But apple...just to spend 20 minutes explaining that I've already done every suggested thing on every list they tell you to follow for security issues.

Feb 1, 2023 1:27 PM in response to BoogzfromOC

G'day BoogzfromOC,

Thanks for reaching out. We'd like to see if we can assist. To double-check, is he using his own Apple ID, or is he using yours?

If he's using your Apple ID on the device and you have it set to require a password for all purchases, it might be good to change the Apple ID password. Here's how: Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

As another possibility, if you're using Family Sharing and he has his own Apple ID, you could try using Ask to Buy, which requires you to authorize any purchases. See this link for more detail: Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

If you already have Ask to Buy turned on, this link has some suggestions that could be helpful as well: If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support

Let us know how it goes. Take care.

How is My Singing Monsters game charging my account without requiring my password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.