Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing voice memo app from ipad

I have 44gb of voice memos on my iPhone that are also on my iPad but I don’t want them on my iPad. When I delete a memo on iPad it deletes it from my iPhone. When I try to delete the app from my iPad it says data will be deleted too. I need the space on my iPad but want to keep the app and the data on my phone.

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 6:48 AM

On your iPad, first disable Voice Memos in iCloud - as this removes the mechanism by which Voice Memos are synchronised between your iPad and iPhone:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > [App Using iCloud] Show All > Voice Memos - set to OFF

Having disabled Voice Memos in iCloud, you can delete Voice Memos from just your iPad without affecting those stored on your iPhone - which also remain in iCloud while synchronisation remains enabled on iPhone.

You can also remove the Voice Memos App from your iPad should you still choose to do so.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2023 6:48 AM in response to Brewjay

On your iPad, first disable Voice Memos in iCloud - as this removes the mechanism by which Voice Memos are synchronised between your iPad and iPhone:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > [App Using iCloud] Show All > Voice Memos - set to OFF

Having disabled Voice Memos in iCloud, you can delete Voice Memos from just your iPad without affecting those stored on your iPhone - which also remain in iCloud while synchronisation remains enabled on iPhone.

You can also remove the Voice Memos App from your iPad should you still choose to do so.

Jan 31, 2023 8:07 AM in response to Brewjay

Clearly you have completely exhausted available internal storage - and your iPad is unable to operate as expected.

If the Voice Memos setting is not visible/accessible on the iPad, instead disable Voice Memos in iCloud on your iPhone. This will remove disable synchronisation of the iPhone with iCloud - and will retain a copy of your Voice Memos on the iPhone.

Next, delete the Voice Memos App from your iPad - in so doing deleting all associated data from both the iPad and iCloud. After deleting the App, perform a forced-restart of your iPad:

Force restart iPad (models with Face ID or with Touch ID in the top button)

If your iPad doesn’t have the Home button, do the following:

1. Press and quickly release the volume button nearest to the top button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume button farthest from the top button.
  3. Press and hold the top button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the top button.

Force restart iPad (models with the Home button)

Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

After the restart, verify your available storage on the iPad.

Removing voice memo app from ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.