Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OG homepod not responding to Siri commands on iOS 16.3

since the 16.3 update Siri is not able to complete any commands on original HomePod, HomePod minis or Apple Watch. HomePods work with AirPlay, alarms work, work as external speakers with Apple TV. I get "one moment ... hmm I didn't hear back" or some version of that message. Siri commands given through iPhone/iPad work same as always.

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 8:15 AM

5 replies

Feb 4, 2023 1:14 PM in response to FistOSalmon

I have the same issue with an OG HomePod Mini. Apple support responded immediately to set up a Genius Bar appointment. They did not check it, just took down my issues and replaced it under AppleCare. Just set it up and it worked! It had 16.0 on it. I forgot I had automatic updates set up on HomeKit. You guessed it, it updated to 16.3 and the same issue came up, no Siri response. Apple has succeeded in turning a functional smart speaker into a dumb one, since it will still play music from my iPhone.

OG homepod not responding to Siri commands on iOS 16.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.