Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac preference window had changed

my preference window does not look like it use to look. I no longer see this screen when I open the preference window. Now, it looks more like the one on my phone.

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 1:09 PM

That was an intentional change made by Apple as part of the macOS Ventura release.

They also changed the name from System Preferences to System Settings and the changed the name from Preferences to Settings in individual apps as well.

Also see: Customize your Mac with System Settings - Apple Support

I am finding that I am using the Search box at the top left of System Settings is something I'm doing a lot as I no longer know where things are.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2023 1:09 PM in response to Joe Thomas3

That was an intentional change made by Apple as part of the macOS Ventura release.

They also changed the name from System Preferences to System Settings and the changed the name from Preferences to Settings in individual apps as well.

Also see: Customize your Mac with System Settings - Apple Support

I am finding that I am using the Search box at the top left of System Settings is something I'm doing a lot as I no longer know where things are.

Mac preference window had changed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.