Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GMail error

It seems that Gmail thinks I have 2 accounts - one with my first name, last name @gmail and then one with my first name, period, last name @gmail. My iPhone 12 keeps trying to sync my email address and when I remove the period, it keeps putting it back in and then says everything doesn’t match. This only started about 6 months ago but it’s very annoying as I constantly get an alert that my password isn’t syncing but I have not had an issue getting my emails using the address without the period.

Posted on Jan 31, 2023 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2023 9:08 PM

You might want to check there is only one Gmail account listed on your iPhone 12

in Settings > Mail > Accounts

For iOS16 (or choose your iOS version at the top of the article):

How to: Add and remove email accounts on iPhone – Apple Support

Re: have not had an issue getting my emails using the address without the period.

Seems that must be the online Gmail account originally set up and in use with Google

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2023 9:08 PM in response to BkJeannie

You might want to check there is only one Gmail account listed on your iPhone 12

in Settings > Mail > Accounts

For iOS16 (or choose your iOS version at the top of the article):

How to: Add and remove email accounts on iPhone – Apple Support

Re: have not had an issue getting my emails using the address without the period.

Seems that must be the online Gmail account originally set up and in use with Google

GMail error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.