Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

monterey 12.6.3

Trying to update to Monterey 12.6.3; software downloads OK, but process hangs up with 15 minutes to go. I've tried PRAM, to no effect. Three times now - anyone else having this problem?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 4:38 PM

you're right, it shouldn't take that long. but you may have caused an issue when you interrupted it during your first attempt. here's what I would try:

1. open your applications folder and move "install Monterey app" to the trash.
  2. empty your trash.
  3. restart your Mac.
  4. start the upgrade process again, but don't interrupt it this time. let it run it's course.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2023 4:38 PM in response to rustic39

you're right, it shouldn't take that long. but you may have caused an issue when you interrupted it during your first attempt. here's what I would try:

1. open your applications folder and move "install Monterey app" to the trash.
  2. empty your trash.
  3. restart your Mac.
  4. start the upgrade process again, but don't interrupt it this time. let it run it's course.

Feb 3, 2023 1:36 AM in response to rustic39

Very much agree with @jefferythefrog.

Have upgraded and update 3 machines from Big Sur macOS 11 to Monterey macOS 12 and the longest amount of time it took was maybe an hour.

When I say 1 hour, I count from the moment I started to download to the Final Reboot with the successful installation.

Common issue is often some Third Party Security Software installed and messing up the whole system.

monterey 12.6.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.