Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constant crashing and unable to download Monterey update. Help!

I have suddenly had constant crashing. I booted in Safe mode, and cannot update from 12.5 to the latest Monterey update. It starts to update, then crashes. Help!

Posted on Aug 22, 2022 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2022 9:44 AM

I think I've solved it. It all appears to have been tied to the attempts by Time Machine to back up to my (regular) Seagate external HD (It also tries to do a backup in safe mode, which was a surprise to me.)

Once I completed disconnected the old Seagate and tried to back up to a (newer) external HD, everything began working normally. Posting this in case it helps anyone else.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2022 9:44 AM in response to Adambr

I think I've solved it. It all appears to have been tied to the attempts by Time Machine to back up to my (regular) Seagate external HD (It also tries to do a backup in safe mode, which was a surprise to me.)

Once I completed disconnected the old Seagate and tried to back up to a (newer) external HD, everything began working normally. Posting this in case it helps anyone else.

Constant crashing and unable to download Monterey update. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.