Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock Screen and Screen Saver

I have a brand new MacBook Pro 16".

How long does it take to automatically go to Lock Screen. I am not talking about the screen saver. So I have set my wallpaper to be an image from my own photos. This is my desktop background. If I click the 'Lock Screen' from the drop down Apple menu this is the picture that shows up. However, after say sitting in a coffee shop and going to the loo, my MacBook goes into Lock Screen it pulls up the blasted screen saver (Ventura) after the specified time. I AM SURE the Lock Screen used to by my photo until I started messing about. Please help...am going nuts. I've googled and googled and googled. No joy.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 6:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 8:54 AM

agemackenzie wrote:

Thank you for that. It was helpful.

It does not answer the question of just walking away from the MacBook how long does it take to go to Lock Screen. I am sure mine used to do so but now goes to screensaver. I would like it to go to Lock Screen....my wallpaper.

By comparison—I have no issue like you describe, with the following settings...

Make changes to suit your needs

ref: Lock the screen of your Mac - Apple Support

if no insight or resolve you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here:  hhttp://www.apple.com/feedback

and / or

—Call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753)

— on line  Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 3, 2023 8:54 AM in response to agemackenzie

agemackenzie wrote:

Thank you for that. It was helpful.

It does not answer the question of just walking away from the MacBook how long does it take to go to Lock Screen. I am sure mine used to do so but now goes to screensaver. I would like it to go to Lock Screen....my wallpaper.

By comparison—I have no issue like you describe, with the following settings...

Make changes to suit your needs

ref: Lock the screen of your Mac - Apple Support

if no insight or resolve you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here:  hhttp://www.apple.com/feedback

and / or

—Call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753)

— on line  Apple Support

Feb 2, 2023 8:00 AM in response to agemackenzie

agemackenzie wrote:

I have a brand new MacBook Pro 16".

How long does it take to automatically go to Lock Screen. I am not talking about the screen saver. So I have set my wallpaper to be an image from my own photos. This is my desktop background. If I click the 'Lock Screen' from the drop down Apple menu this is the picture that shows up. However, after say sitting in a coffee shop and going to the loo, my MacBook goes into Lock Screen it pulls up the blasted screen saver (Ventura) after the specified time. I AM SURE the Lock Screen used to by my photo until I started messing about. Please help...am going nuts. I've googled and googled and googled. No joy.

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.2

in macOS 13.2—

the Control Command Q takes me straight to a lock screen w/ my wall paper as expected...

You can try a safeboot to clear certain system cache files and reboot as normal to test.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

if no change try the default screensaver in an effort to narrow down the issue

Lock Screen and Screen Saver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.