Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ventura 13.2 Not showing external USB drive in Finder sidebar but it's visible in /Volumes

Just today I needed to restore a file from my backup that was created in Carbon Copy Cloner then realized the external usb drive isn't showing in Finder. I can however access it by going to /Volumes or even from CCC's reveal in finder, but it won't show up in the sidebar or on the desktop. (As configured in Finder Settings). My backups are working flawlessly, and I can copy files to and from it. I also performed a First Aid on the drive and it reported no problems. I also went into safeboot. The USB drive didn't show up there either. Nor did safeboot fix the problem. Is this a bug that I should report to Apples feedback page?

For the time being I did create an alias to /Volumes on my desktop but to me this is merely a temporary bandaid fix!

[Edited by Moderator]

iMac 24″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 12:42 PM

[SOLVED]

If a user is using Carbon Copy Cloner and had made it a bootable device, it is a known bug.

I re-formatted the external USB drive without making it bootable and now the device shows up in Finder as expected.

Reference:

https://bombich.com/kb/ccc6/macos-ventura-known-issues

Similar questions

4 replies

Ventura 13.2 Not showing external USB drive in Finder sidebar but it's visible in /Volumes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.