Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movies purchased from TV app on my MacBook Air M2 2022 have no video on external monitor

My MacBook Air M2 2022 is connected to a Hyperdrive Dual HDMI 10-in-1 USB-C Hub which connects my Dell U2723Qe display via an 8k HDMI 2.1 cable. Movies purchased from the TV app on the MacBook Air will not play video.

MacBook Air, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 2, 2023 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 8:20 AM

Possibly your monitor or hub or adapters or cables are not HDCP compliant. That would cause it to block video content that was set to require HDCP compliancy. HDCP support is a hardware feature, so you will need to check which parts are not compliant, and replace those. If not mentioned in the specs, then HDCP support might be absent. Consider contacting manufacturers to be sure.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2023 8:20 AM in response to Lord_K

Possibly your monitor or hub or adapters or cables are not HDCP compliant. That would cause it to block video content that was set to require HDCP compliancy. HDCP support is a hardware feature, so you will need to check which parts are not compliant, and replace those. If not mentioned in the specs, then HDCP support might be absent. Consider contacting manufacturers to be sure.

Movies purchased from TV app on my MacBook Air M2 2022 have no video on external monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.