Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Studio regularly panicking

Hi there. I've had my Mac Studio running OS 13.0 for less than a week and multiple times a day it will just simply restart and give me the message that it restarted because of a problem and I'll send the report to Apple.

A couple more data points: I've got an Avid Pro Tools HDX card connected through a Sonnet expansion chasis. The crashes don't necessarily happen when Pro Tools is running though. This last one didn't. I saw a post from October with a similar problem with his Mac Studio and he did say he ran Pro Tools with it. But he's on os12.x and I'm on os13.

Does anyone have any insight by any chance? Btw, it's my first post! Sweet!

Thanks so much if anyone has any experience with this!

-marc

Mac Studio, macOS 13.0

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 12:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 2:48 AM

Q - " Hi there. I've had my Mac Studio running OS 13.0 for less than a week "

A - This machine has the Original Released version of Ventura released Oct 24, 2022

A - Suggest the user explore the information about Keeping the computer always up to date

A- There have been several Bug and Security Fixes since that time

A - The current version of Ventura is 13.2

Links below

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support (CA)

About the security content of macOS Ventura 13.2 - Apple Support

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2023 2:48 AM in response to Mobileflow

Q - " Hi there. I've had my Mac Studio running OS 13.0 for less than a week "

A - This machine has the Original Released version of Ventura released Oct 24, 2022

A - Suggest the user explore the information about Keeping the computer always up to date

A- There have been several Bug and Security Fixes since that time

A - The current version of Ventura is 13.2

Links below

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support (CA)

About the security content of macOS Ventura 13.2 - Apple Support

Feb 3, 2023 3:04 AM in response to Mobileflow

Very much agree with the suggestion of @ Luis Sequeira1

That suggestion from @Luis Sequeira1 will really help greatly

Etrecheck directly from the Developer.

This is a Diagnostic Tool that makes no changes to the computer.

It makes a coherent and readable inventory of both the Hardware and Software used on the computer 

The application is free or paid from added features. 

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - >>>> using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last ) <<<<

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues

Feb 3, 2023 2:59 AM in response to Mobileflow

In addition to what P. Phillips said:

Please run Etrecheck and post its full report here. Use the "additional text" button and paste the report into the text box.

The report will give us information about possible software conflicts, including third party kernel extensions which could be causing problems. Did you migrate everything from a previous mac? This could have brought old stuff that does not play nice in the new OS and the new mac. Again, the report should help us with that.

Feb 3, 2023 4:00 AM in response to PRP_53

Thank you so much! I will go ahead and take those steps on Saturday when I am back at my studio.

I did not migrate anything over from my Snow Leopard system I've been on since 2011.

Fyi, tonight end the end of the night I installed and am now running a UAD Satellite 2 Thunderbolt 3. I can 100% verify that this problem was in full swing for days before the UAD was introduced.

Thanks again, guys. I look forward to rooting this little gremlin out!

-marc

Feb 10, 2023 11:13 PM in response to PRP_53

Thansk you again for your quick response and great advice. A sit turns out, it looks like it was the ol' crashing on sleep thing. I had been given multiple warnings through the install process to turn off sleep but the specifics hadn't been adjusted to Ventura's layout perhaps but I only found and turned off the hard drive sleep option on my initial install. I have now found the actual sleep option needed to be turned off and haven't had a panic since in five days.

Thanks again!

Mac Studio regularly panicking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.