Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Unlock MacBookPro with Apple Watch After Update to 12.6.3

Dear All,

Two days ago I ran the MacOs update to 12.6.3 and since then I have been unable to use my Apple Watch to unlock the MacBook. This is a really handy feature.

Everytime I check the option of 'Allow your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac', I get the error message 'Your Mac must be signed in to iCloud.' even though my Mac, iPhone and Watch are all signed in using the same AppleID.

No other solutions suggest in Internetland have yielded a solution, so I am turning to the smart people of this forum.

Any help is appreciated.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 9

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 5:30 AM

I understand the "error" reports your Mac is not signed in to iCloud, yet it is. In that event I suggest signing out of iCloud on that Mac, followed by signing in again. Perhaps you might try signing out of all three devices, but try the Mac first.

For more information read I can't get my Mac to unlock with my Apple Watch. - Apple Community

For reference: Unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch - Apple Support. Apple just updated that document so be sure to read it all the way through including the If you need help section at the end. That revision added a couple additional steps.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2023 5:30 AM in response to Markus_AD

I understand the "error" reports your Mac is not signed in to iCloud, yet it is. In that event I suggest signing out of iCloud on that Mac, followed by signing in again. Perhaps you might try signing out of all three devices, but try the Mac first.

For more information read I can't get my Mac to unlock with my Apple Watch. - Apple Community

For reference: Unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch - Apple Support. Apple just updated that document so be sure to read it all the way through including the If you need help section at the end. That revision added a couple additional steps.

Can't Unlock MacBookPro with Apple Watch After Update to 12.6.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.