Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sleep App issues

I was given a family member’s Apple Watch 1 and phone. They used it to track their rem sleep. Since the transfer the Watch doesn’t have an App Store on the menu and the sleep app which is under health does not provide the sleep stats to the iPhone. Can someone help?

Apple Watch

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 4:29 PM

3 replies

Feb 6, 2023 10:12 AM in response to LuIggy12

Hello LuIggy12,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. Apps can be loaded to your Apple Watch using the Apple Watch app on your iPhone. If the app is compatible with the Apple Watch 1st gen, this will help you get the app and resolve the issue.

Download apps on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

How to get apps

Use the iPhone that's paired with the watch, or use the App Store on the watch.

Get apps from the App Store on your Apple Watch

1. Press the Digital Crown to see the Home screen, then tap the App Store.
  2. Tap Search to find apps using Scribble or Dictation or scroll down to discover featured apps and curated app collections.
  3. Tap an app to see its description, ratings and reviews, screenshots, release notes, and more.
  4. Tap the price or tap Get.
  5. Apple Watch screen showing how to download an app

6. When prompted, double-click the side button under the Digital Crown to download and install the app.

In the App Store, if an app has a Get button instead of a price, the app is free. You won't be charged for downloading a free app. Some free apps offer in-app purchases and subscriptions that you can buy. Subscriptions and in-app purchases give you access to more features, content, and more. Learn more about in-app purchases and subscriptions.

Get apps with the iPhone that's paired with the Apple Watch

1. On your iPhone, open the Watch app.
  2. Tap the My Watch tab.
  3. Scroll to the app that you want to add. Apps that you can install appear in the Available Apps section.
  4. iPhone screen showing Watch app

5. To add an app to your watch, tap Install."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Feb 6, 2023 3:08 PM in response to justinb2603

Thanks for the download instructions. The problem is that the Apple Watch menu in the Apple Watch App on the iPhone (or Apple Watch) doesn’t include the App Store App. It is not listed at all. I have an App Store on the iPhone but it will not download the Apple Watch apps. I have tried re loading the Apple Watch app but still no App Store. Any ideas?

Sleep App issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.