Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook overtaken(?) issue/bug

Hello!

I’m currently having issues with my MacBook (m2 MacBook Air).

It’s having bugs like

1. One hand click(normal click) is recognized as double click. I cannot click something I want because it will act like a right click…

2. When I am on google doc, and move the mouse, it also acts like one hand was already on the trackpad. This just highlights the words on google doc when I move my mouse as if I started at one position and am dragging my mouse…

3. Every time I type something in the search bar, it acts like the tab button is clicked every second. If I type g, it will instantly turn that into ‘google.com’ because that is what happens if I were to type g, then press tab to select the suggested search word…

4. Every time I try to type the word ‘f’ it capitalize the word f. So if i type sdfg, it will write sdFg instead. Caps lock isn’t even on and I’m not pressing shift…

These are the main issues as of now.

This started yesterday. My though is that when I connected my laptop to a external monitor in my college library, it states doing this. I don’t think I’ve installed any suspicious software so I don’t think it’s malware. I also ran the apple troubleshoot thing that checks any hardware issues and it said my hardware does not have a problem. Also, my laptop is completely fine for about 10-20min after I force shutdown the laptop, and turn it on. But then it starts this again in 10-20min…

I don’t know what is wrong and I need my laptop daily… any suggestions of what I can try? Or how can I contact apple and get help(I don’t want to pay expensive amount to fix this tho…)?

Thanks!

MacBook Air (M2)

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2023 4:47 PM

shintaro258 wrote:

Hello!

It’s having bugs like
1. One hand click(normal click) is recognized as double click. I cannot click something I want because it will act like a right click…
2. When I am on google doc, and move the mouse, it also acts like one hand was already on the trackpad. This just highlights the words on google doc when I move my mouse as if I started at one position and am dragging my mouse…
3. Every time I type something in the search bar, it acts like the tab button is clicked every second. If I type g, it will instantly turn that into ‘google.com’ because that is what happens if I were to type g, then press tab to select the suggested search word…
4. Every time I try to type the word ‘f’ it capitalize the word f. So if i type sdfg, it will write sdFg instead. Caps lock isn’t even on and I’m not pressing shift…

This started yesterday.

My though is that when I connected my laptop to a external monitor in my college library, it states doing this. I don’t think I’ve installed any suspicious software so I don’t think it’s malware. I also ran the apple troubleshoot thing that checks any hardware issues and it said my hardware does not have a problem. Also, my laptop is completely fine for about 10-20min after I force shutdown the laptop, and turn it on. But then it starts this again in 10-20min…

I don’t know what is wrong and I need my laptop daily… any suggestions of what I can try? Or how can I contact apple and get help(I don’t want to pay expensive amount to fix this tho…)?

Thanks!

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test.

This test will tell you if third party interference; extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

unplug all non-essential third party peripherals

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

if no insight or resolve—

don't hesitate to call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2023 4:47 PM in response to shintaro258

shintaro258 wrote:

Hello!

It’s having bugs like

This started yesterday.

My though is that when I connected my laptop to a external monitor in my college library, it states doing this. I don’t think I’ve installed any suspicious software so I don’t think it’s malware. I also ran the apple troubleshoot thing that checks any hardware issues and it said my hardware does not have a problem. Also, my laptop is completely fine for about 10-20min after I force shutdown the laptop, and turn it on. But then it starts this again in 10-20min…

Thanks!

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test.

This test will tell you if third party interference; extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

unplug all non-essential third party peripherals

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

if no insight or resolve—

don't hesitate to call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Feb 3, 2023 5:26 PM in response to leroydouglas

I tested it out for about 30min on the other user account I made, and it did not have any errors. I am currently back on the admin account and I'm going to mess around for about 30 min. If theres no more issues, great! But in case the issue still continues to happen, what should I do? Keep using safe boot until I contact apple support and get the whole issues fixed?

Feb 3, 2023 6:14 PM in response to shintaro258

shintaro258 wrote:

I tested it out for about 30min on the other user account I made, and it did not have any errors.

I am currently back on the admin account and I'm going to mess around for about 30 min. If theres no more issues, great!

But in case the issue still continues to happen, what should I do? Keep using safe boot until I contact apple support and get the whole issues fixed?

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

MacBook overtaken(?) issue/bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.