Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Noise cancellation with one AirPod keeps turning off!

I only use one AirPod as I am deaf on my left ear. I turned on the "Noise cancellation with one AirPod" but it keeps turning itself back off every time I connect AirPods to my MacBook Air M1. This is very annoying. Is there a fix? Please note that this issue is still there since September 2021, I already saw questions like that here from deaf on one ear people here!!! All my devices have up-to-date software, so please help!!!

Posted on Feb 5, 2023 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 1:03 PM

Hello Sheree. What are you talking about??? Obviously you don’t even understand my question. The problem I have is obviously on a software level and your advice to clean the AirPod from earwax is absurd. There has to be a software fix from Apple to resolve this issue.

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 7, 2023 12:42 PM in response to marats12

Hey marats12,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. For help with the noise cancellation issue, follow the steps below or in this article: If Active Noise Cancellation isn't working as expected on your AirPods Pro. They address your issue.

1. Make sure that you have the latest software on your connected iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
2. Put both AirPods Pro in your ears and check that Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) is turned on.
3. Clean the mesh located on the top of your AirPods Pro. Sometimes Active Noise Cancellation can be affected if debris or earwax builds up in the area shown below.
If this happens, you might experience: 
•A loss of bass sound
•An increase in background sounds, such as street or airplane noise
4. If Active Noise Cancellation still isn't working as expected on your AirPods Pro (1st generation), refer to AirPods Pro Service Program for Sound Issues.

Take care.

Feb 7, 2023 1:15 PM in response to marats12

Hey there marats12, 

Taking a look at the resource we shared with you, there are a number of steps to take when Active Noise Cancellation isn't working. Cleaning your AirPods was certainly one of the shared steps. However, you would also need to ensure your Mac's software is fully updated. If you've taken each of these steps and Active Noise Cancellation is still not functioning as expected, you'll want to Contact Apple Support for assistance.

Have a good one!

Noise cancellation with one AirPod keeps turning off!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.