Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I back up all my data in my new iPhone when I do trade-in

I want to know how can I keep back-up of all data from my old iphone to new iPhone and then erase data from the old one?

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2023 11:09 AM

Back up all data you wish to preserve frequently.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Then thoroughly cleanse your old iPhone using the article linked above your post.

Then transfer the data to your new iPhone.

Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2023 11:09 AM in response to sharmistha195

Back up all data you wish to preserve frequently.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Then thoroughly cleanse your old iPhone using the article linked above your post.

Then transfer the data to your new iPhone.

Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Feb 6, 2023 11:10 AM in response to sharmistha195

See the following Apple Support article for information on backing up an iPhone: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

To migrate data to a new phone, see: Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Note that the Quick Start option doesn't require a backup.

Then, to erase the old phone, see: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

How can I back up all my data in my new iPhone when I do trade-in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.