Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LG Monitor incompatibility with new MacMini

My new LG Ultrafine 4K display monitor, recommended and sold to me by Apple, seems to be incompatible with the new MacMini (purchased at the same time). The camera and microphone will not be recognized. I spent an hour online with a senior Apple support person who could not resolve the issue and suggested I contact LG. LG support says it's an Apple issue.

Anyone else having this problem?

Mac mini, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2023 5:45 PM

The 24" LG Ultrafine 4K display does not have a camera or microphone. The 27" 5K version did but Apple doesn't sell that version anymore since they now have there own 27" displays.

If you have an iPhone, you can use it as a camera and microphone for your Mac mini.

Continuity Camera: Use iPhone as a webcam for Mac - Apple Support

There are brackets to hold an iPhone to the top of a display,

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2023 5:45 PM in response to KG_Create

The 24" LG Ultrafine 4K display does not have a camera or microphone. The 27" 5K version did but Apple doesn't sell that version anymore since they now have there own 27" displays.

If you have an iPhone, you can use it as a camera and microphone for your Mac mini.

Continuity Camera: Use iPhone as a webcam for Mac - Apple Support

There are brackets to hold an iPhone to the top of a display,

LG Monitor incompatibility with new MacMini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.