Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail issue

For the past few months my Mail has been acting up. I open mail. Open an email. Delete it and go on to the next. The only way I can view the email is to close Mail and reopen it. Do the same for the next email. And on and on. I've rebuild my Mail. I've deleted the current one and made new ones. But they all do the same thing. I'm listing this in the "iCloud on Mac" topic because I thought it was the best place to post this. Thank you.

Mac mini, macOS 12.6

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 8:00 AM

Hey here David Gurga,

Any issues or concerns with billing on part of internet service providers would best be handled by them as they'd be in control of those things.

Moving forward with troubleshooting the issue, we wanted to confirm more details to better understand what's happening, along with ruling out some other possible cases:

1. We understand that you're deleting an email you received, but then aren't able to view the next email. As we're confused about what this means, please provide us more details. The more we have, the better we'll understand the issue.
  2. What were the results when you tested for this same issue while in safe mode, then testing for it after restarting normally?
  3. Any recent changes in your Mail settings, like any email accounts you've recently deleted/added to the Mail app for example?
  4. We see that you have macOS 12.6 installed, but the latest version would be macOS 12.6.3. You can verify this by clicking on the Apple logo at the top left corner of the screen, then on ‘About This Mac’. In case you needed it, this link shows how to first back up, then Update macOS on Mac.

Cheers!

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2023 8:00 AM in response to David Gurga

Hey here David Gurga,

Any issues or concerns with billing on part of internet service providers would best be handled by them as they'd be in control of those things.

Moving forward with troubleshooting the issue, we wanted to confirm more details to better understand what's happening, along with ruling out some other possible cases:

1. We understand that you're deleting an email you received, but then aren't able to view the next email. As we're confused about what this means, please provide us more details. The more we have, the better we'll understand the issue.
  2. What were the results when you tested for this same issue while in safe mode, then testing for it after restarting normally?
  3. Any recent changes in your Mail settings, like any email accounts you've recently deleted/added to the Mail app for example?
  4. We see that you have macOS 12.6 installed, but the latest version would be macOS 12.6.3. You can verify this by clicking on the Apple logo at the top left corner of the screen, then on ‘About This Mac’. In case you needed it, this link shows how to first back up, then Update macOS on Mac.

Cheers!

Feb 9, 2023 4:37 PM in response to David Gurga

Hi David Gurga,

Based on your description it sounds like only a single message is loading into the Mail app until you close and reopen the program. Here are a few things to try to isolate a possible cause:

1) Quit the Mail app and hold the Shift key on your keyboard while clicking the app icon to open it. This process forces many applications to refresh their status and can resolve simple issues.

2) While it sounds like you created new accounts for testing, it's not clear if those were with other providers or the same email provider. Check with an account through another provider to see if this happens only with a particular account type.

3) Use the steps from How to use safe mode on your Mac to test the behavior in safe mode, then follow the outlined steps based on if the issue does or does not occur while in safe mode.

Regards.

Feb 10, 2023 1:10 PM in response to Bill_T1

I tried the shift key. Didn't help. And it's my iCloud email account with Apple. But a neighbor who has the same internet provider (AT&T Homebase) says he thinks it's our internet speed which works off the cell towers. He's noticed that during the day. The speed goes down because of the number of cell phone accessing the cell tower at any given time. I've noticed things go south at 10 AM every day. And at noon. And around 3 in the afternoon. Morning break. Lunch and when school lets out. I live in the country about 2 miles from the school. But this is our only internet option on my road. Spectrum wants like $5000.00 to run cable to my house. It's only about 600 feet from the last house connected to them. And the $5000 is only if the 2 neighbors in between sign on at $5,000.00 each. If they don't it would be $15,000.00. Crazy.

Feb 11, 2023 12:06 PM in response to bruno75

Hi. I do have OS 12.6 on my mini. You have the sender and part of the email in a column on the left of the mail page. In say the center of the Mail page is the actual text of the email. If I delete one of the emails on the left column of emails to go to the next email to read the contents of the actual email does not load. I have to close out and reopen the email to see the contents. But like I was told. It's our internet speed. Too slow at time. Some tines it fine. Other time you can open Mail and walk away for 10 minutes and then it will work. I thought it was a software glitch. But now believe what my neighbor has told be. But all the advice is greatly appreciated.

Mail issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.