Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail problem:

IN last week or so mail shown inAll Inboxes is not shown in the Inboxes for the different mail accounts. Why is All Inboxes treated like and Inbox? How can I fix this?

iMac 27″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 2:48 AM

The problem as I understand it is that you have a number of Inboxes, but the contents of "All Inboxes" does not correspond to the individual contents of each Inbox. Is that correct?

Try rebuilding each Inbox according to Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support. You can rebuild any Mailbox, or all Mailboxes including each individual Inbox, All Inboxes, Sent, Outbox, Trash, Junk, etc.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2023 2:48 AM in response to johngar

The problem as I understand it is that you have a number of Inboxes, but the contents of "All Inboxes" does not correspond to the individual contents of each Inbox. Is that correct?

Try rebuilding each Inbox according to Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support. You can rebuild any Mailbox, or all Mailboxes including each individual Inbox, All Inboxes, Sent, Outbox, Trash, Junk, etc.

Feb 9, 2023 5:29 PM in response to johngar

The final option is to remove the affected email Account(s), and add them again. If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support describes what to do.

First remove: Log out of or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Then add: Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Be sure to heed the Important note in the first document. It is not clear to me whether the affected email messages are stored in local "On My Mac" Mailboxes or not, so you will want to be completely certain they are safely archived in those local Mailboxes before proceeding with removing the affected Accounts.

Feb 9, 2023 5:44 PM in response to johngar

As I recall from having used it years ago, Gmail makes it very difficult to actually delete messages. If you can find them on their webmail interface they are almost certainly retrievable should you decide to remove those Gmail accounts and add them again.

Another well-known annoyance is the Goolag's insistence that upon adding their email accounts again, you need to authenticate through a browser and that browser must be Safari. The following Discussion describes it: Can't add google account to Monterey - Apple Community.

Feb 9, 2023 4:18 PM in response to John Galt

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried this again while paying more attention to the results. I did Rebuild on all of my inboxes and All Inboxes. There are a number of emails from today that are in All Inboxes but not in the individual Inboxes. Furthermore, the rebuilt All Inboxes contains old emails that were long ago trashed or at least moved out of the Inboxes. This problem only started a few weeks ago. I thought it might be solved when I upgraded to Monterey, but no joy. I have not changed any setting, Mail rules, etc. so I don't know what to do next.

Mail problem:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.